If you are interested in studying in Japan, “Student Guide to Japan” and “Japan Study Support” will be good sources of information for that. Information can be found from the following links.
- Student Guide to Japan: http://www.jasso.go.jp/study_j/sgtj_e.html#contents
- Japan Study Support (JPSS): http://www.jpss.jp/en/
You can get information of most of the Japanese Universities using the below link. If you wish to come to Japan for your studies there are normally three ways as below.
- Under the Monbukagakusho Scholarship recommended by the Embassy of japan in Sri Lanka
- If you wish to apply for this follow the instructions of the below link http://www.mohe.gov.lk/index.php?
- For more information http://www.lk.embjapan.go.jp/eg/contents/Scholarship/SchlarshipNewE.html
- Under the Monbukagakusho scholarship recommended by a professor in a Japanese University
- You can directly contact a professor in a Japanese University based on your research area and later discuss regarding this scholarship
- Under any private scholarship or directly paying the University fees you can come to Japan for your studies.
There are normally two basic categories of Scholarships.
- Government Scholarships
- This is called Monbukagakusho scholarship and you can get the scholarship in two ways as described under the university guide
- Private scholarships
check the following document for a detailed guide for the application procedure