Your participation is highly appreciated.
If you wish to help, pls proceed as per the blogspot.
Annual Research Journal of SLSAJ 2011 edition is to be published in October 2011parallel to the Research Session of SLSAJ. As of now, the current SLSAJ committee is intending to organise the Research session in the month of October 2011 which we will inform you as the dates are fixed and the Research Journal will be published on the same day during the event.
The journal is intended to have;
- Research papers accepted after the review and corrections process.
- Proposals focused on development of Sri Lanka.
- Practical applications/ implications in the form of a proposal which might be derived from your researches.
As usual, all the papers will be evaluated by an assigned evaluation committee comprising of academic professionals from relevant streams.
This year we are calling papers early with the intention of having a thorough review process and also to have time for appropriate changes to papers and proposals.
As SLSAJ has done previously, this time too, the journal will be distributed
- To all authors who submits papers
- To all participants to the Research sessions of SLSAJ
- To all members of the Evaluation committee
- To Universities and Academic Institutions in Sri Lanka
This year, however, in addition to those, Papers will be appearing on
- National Science Foundation (NSF) website (in Digitalised format)
- SLSAJ website (in pdf format)
- National Diet Library in Japan (Japanese National Center for ISSN) – if we get ISSN which we are in the appropriate proceeding process now
Due to this new appearances in the e-formats, please avoid any copy right issues and related legal issues as ultimately this will be appearing online.
Further, during the research session, the authors of published and selected papers will be given an opportunity to present your research/ proposal this time.
So, when you submit your papers for the journal, please kindly indicate your preferences and the statement on the below mentioned factors;
- I prefer to present the submitted research at the Research Session – Yes/ No
- I assure that there won’t be any issue of publishing this paper on the web – Yes/ No
Please collect the paper format attached herewith for your reference.
Please send your papers before June 30, 2011 to
It would be a great privilege for us to be a platform to take your valuable papers to general public. We hope all of you will give your fullest supports to make this a successful event.
05/14 from 12.30 p.m onwards
At Sakura Hall,Owada cutural center,Shibuya
Pls refer the attachments for more information(You will have to rotate it to see the other part since the leaflet has been designed to folder after taking printouts)
Your participation is highly appreciated for this event.
Collaboration: University of Ruhuna; Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka; Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka
Date: 16th – 18th December 2011
Venue: Earl’s Regency Hotel, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Abstract Submission 16 May, 2011
- Notification of Acceptance 31 May, 2011
- Full Paper Submission 15 Aug, 2011
- Notification of Acceptance Full Paper 30 Sep, 2011
- Camera Ready Paper Deadline 31 Oct, 2011
- Early Bird Registration 31 Oct, 2011
For More details: Conference (1)-1 (1)
News about the event has been published in several news papers/blogs in Japan as well as in Sri Lanka,
Because of the damages of the power plants, power cut is scheduled in Tokyo and surrounding areas from today (Monday).
Each area will be sorted into five groups and undergo the power cut in the following schedule.
1st group’s power cut from 6:20 to 10:00
2nd group’s power cut from 9:20 to 13:00
3rd group’s power cut from 12:20 to 16:00
4th group’s power cut from 13:50 to 17:30
5th group’s power cut from 15:20 to 19:00
1st group’s power cut from 16:50 to 20:30
2nd group’s power cut from 18:20 to 22:00
1st and 2nd groups have to face power cut twice in a day.
This schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Area grouping in Tokyo can be seen in the following webisite of TEPCO (Tokyo Electric Power Corporation)
Area grouping in Kanagawa prefecter can be seen in the following webisite of TEPCO
Other Areas information can be found in the following website.
But all the Areas information is in Japanese, but thought this would be helpful…
Pls take necessary arrangements prior to power cuts.
Hope you all are safe and fine after this unfolding tragedy of Tsunami & Earthquake affected to Japan.
Pls kindly let us know if any Sri Lankan has been affected due to this tragedy and pls let us know for any help you need. We as SLSAJ will try our best to support with the best of our ability to recover from this soon.
Wish everything will be fine soon….