SLSAJ Annual Trip to Niigata successfully completed on 16&17th of July. This year SLSAJ went on their trip to Niigata & met the Sri lankans living in Niigata area and could share the joy with them. Pls check the photo gallery for more details….
- Date: 26th June 2011
- Venue: Multi Purpose Hall, Komaba International House,( TEL+81-3-6407-7458)
- Time: 10.00 am onwards
The objectives of the association in organizing the event for this year are,
- Commemorating 2600th Anniversary of Lord Buddha’s Enlightenment
- Commemorating the victims of the recent Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan
- Blessing Japan and its natives for being safe from such disastrous situations
- Blessing Sri Lanka, the Government and Sri Lankan in the routine of being the ‘Wonder of Asia’
- Blessing the Sri Lankan community in Japan…
With all these objectives, the current committee is doing some changes to the program and this year’s event consists of several sessions as mentioned below.
- 10.00 – Preparation for the Alms Giving
- 10.30 – ‘Buddha Pooja’
- 11.00 – Meditation
- 11.30 – Offering Alms to ‘Maha Sangha’ (expectation 15 Thero)
- 12.30 – Lunch for the participants
- 13.30 – Anushasana
- 14.30 – Pirith Preaching
- 15.30 – Refreshment
- 16.00 – ‘Bodu Bethi Gee Saraniya (Buddhist Songs)
We as SLSAJ, cordially invite you and wish your valuable presence to make this event a successful as the Sri Lankan community in Japan.
If you would like to extend your valuable helping hand towards the event your contributions in the means of;
- Food Items for Alms to Maha Sangha (You are not supposed to offer the whole requirement)
- Financial contribution for Pirikara
- Assistance in organizing the event
Please let us know if you are willing to provide a contribution and we really appreciate your contributions as we know that it is a token of appreciation for us as well as the real strength behind SLSAJ going for organizing an event in this scale. To ease our organizing work, we highly appreciate if we are informed about your contribution through;
We are looking forward for your valuable presence for the event.
Annual Research Journal of SLSAJ 2011 edition is to be published in October 2011parallel to the Research Session of SLSAJ. As of now, the current SLSAJ committee is intending to organise the Research session in the month of October 2011 which we will inform you as the dates are fixed and the Research Journal will be published on the same day during the event.
The journal is intended to have;
- Research papers accepted after the review and corrections process.
- Proposals focused on development of Sri Lanka.
- Practical applications/ implications in the form of a proposal which might be derived from your researches.
As usual, all the papers will be evaluated by an assigned evaluation committee comprising of academic professionals from relevant streams.
This year we are calling papers early with the intention of having a thorough review process and also to have time for appropriate changes to papers and proposals.
As SLSAJ has done previously, this time too, the journal will be distributed
- To all authors who submits papers
- To all participants to the Research sessions of SLSAJ
- To all members of the Evaluation committee
- To Universities and Academic Institutions in Sri Lanka
This year, however, in addition to those, Papers will be appearing on
- National Science Foundation (NSF) website (in Digitalised format)
- SLSAJ website (in pdf format)
- National Diet Library in Japan (Japanese National Center for ISSN) – if we get ISSN which we are in the appropriate proceeding process now
Due to this new appearances in the e-formats, please avoid any copy right issues and related legal issues as ultimately this will be appearing online.
Further, during the research session, the authors of published and selected papers will be given an opportunity to present your research/ proposal this time.
So, when you submit your papers for the journal, please kindly indicate your preferences and the statement on the below mentioned factors;
- I prefer to present the submitted research at the Research Session – Yes/ No
- I assure that there won’t be any issue of publishing this paper on the web – Yes/ No
Please collect the paper format attached herewith for your reference.
Please send your papers before June 30, 2011 to
It would be a great privilege for us to be a platform to take your valuable papers to general public. We hope all of you will give your fullest supports to make this a successful event.
Playing cricket:10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Lunch:2.00 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
Party time:2.30 p.m to 6.00 p.m
SLSAJ would cordially invite its members and the Sri Lankan community in Japan to join with them to welcome the u
l Festival. You can meet the community, share the happiness while enjoying with Music/ Dancing/ Drama and many more…
SLSAJ with the cooperation of the Sri Lankan community in Japan successfully held an Alms Giving to ‘Maha Sangha’ at Gothami Vihara, Hatagaya on 23.05.2010
The program was enhanced by a fruitful Discussion on Religious Topics under the guidance of ‘Maha Sangha’
The SLSAJ warmly welcomes the winners of 2010 Monbukagakusho Scholarship, who arrived in Japan on the 2nd of April 2010. We are proud to have your company and wish you every success in all your future endeavors.